[contains ad/werbung/Markennennung] I rediscovered my love for millet. Millet is amazing!
- it is gluten free,
- alkaline and easy to digest (the main reason for my rekindled love for millet! It is great for a sensitive stomach) It is even considered to be the most digestible and non-allergenic grain available.
- moreover it’s a prebiotic
- contains considerable amounts of tryptophan (a precursor of serotonin) which makes you happy 🙂
- it provides you with complex carbs, is high in fibre thus helps to maintain lower blood sugar levels
- it contains magnesium, zinc and vitamin B3. Maybe you heard that it supports beautiful hair / hair growth and good skin.
Enough theory let’s talk foodie stuff. Millet is super delicious! It’s cheap and easy to prepare. You can serve it as a savory side dish but once again, just as with quinoa I prefer the sweet version of it.
Here we go with a simple, tummy friendly and super healthy breakfast or sweet treat for in between.
I always cook two portions to be prepared for the next day (…and end up eating it all in just one sitting). Just halve the measurements or do some proper meal prep guys 😀
200 g millet (dry)
400 ml water
plantmilk (I use oat. I recommend using one that is naturally sweet)
1-2 tbsp date syrup (sweetener of choice)
1 tsp anisseed, ground
1 tsp Christmas spice mixture (I’m using the Winter Zauber Gewürz by Spicebar. Probably my favorite spice atm!)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 ripe banana
- rinse millet in warm water
- Cook in water for 15 minutes
- add plant milk (as needed) so that you get a creamy porridge like consistency. Also add spices, mashed banana and date syrup
- turn down the heat and let it sit for 5-10 minutes
- top with fresh fruit, nut butter and whatever you like.
Please tag me with #julisnomnoms and @clean_body_ when you share a remake of my recipes on your social media. I would love to see your creations ❤