[contains ad / werbung] I love the sticky texture of my oatmeal but it is nice to have a little more protein rich treat from time to time especially now that I am more into weight lifting again. Oh and of course I love cookie dough, especially the one made of chickpeas as I obviously ADORE CHICKPEAS.
I guess this recipe is what people might call a low carb post workout snack (low carb and working out is such a ridiculous contradiction in itself but if you guys are following me for a little while you might know that I definitively am NOT a low carb person :D)
Back to the recipe! It is glutenfree, refined sugar free, soyfree, low in calories, satisfying, chocolate rich, has an amazing amino acid profile thanks to combining all different sources of plant protein and the final product honestly tastes A-MAZING!!!
You’re curious? Well so am I to share this with you!
serves one (is filling!)
450 g frozen cauliflower
120 g cooked chickpeas (I used canned ones in this case and I didn’t rinse them. If you do add a pinch of salt)
2 tbsp psyllium husks*
10 g raw vegan chocolate protein powder (PurYa)
5 g vegan hazelnut flavored protein powder (Sojafreies Proteinpulver Nutri-Plus*)
10 g raw cacao*
cashew milk (∼ 100 ml)
15 g cocoa nibs (Koro Kakao Nibs *)
sweetener (in this case I used 4 peanut butter FlavDrops but I avoid using them too often. You can use stevia, coconut blossom sugar, bananas, xylitol or dates instead)
pinch of salt (optional)
- Steam cauliflower in a little bit of water till it gets soft. This takes approximately 8-10 minutes
- Add chickpeas and cook for another 5 minutes. Things should be REALLY soft in the end 😉
- Blend chickpeas and cauliflower
- Add psyllium husks, protein powder, cocoa, sweetener and liquid (if needed) and blend again till you get a sticky pudding like consistency
- Add in cocoa nibs. They’ll make your healthy chocolate chip cookie dough chocolate chunks so don’t blend, just stir them in 🙂
- Pour into a jar (or two jars, you get much mass). Top with fruit and more cocoa nibs and put into the fridge overnight (at least for one hour)
- The next day you can enjoy some super jelly-like, chocolaty and absolutely healthy treat without any regrets
Please use the hastag #julisnomnoms and tag me @clean_body_in the picture if you try one of my recipes. I would love to see your recreations! ❤
Lots of love,