I think this page definitively lacks some savory dishes and as so many asked for this particular one…well here we go with some German-Indian fusion cuisine.
I guess “Schupfnudeln” aka finger shaped potato dumplings are this typical German thing and let’s be honest pistachios and pomegranate seeds just add an oriental touch to like every savory dish anyway. Steam poatoes, put the two items on top of them and suddenly you have oriental potatoes… MAGIC 😀
However, I won’t write too much today. This post really is just about the recipe 🙂
400g Schupfnudels (store bought. You can use gnocchi or pasta instead if you prefer)
1 small zucchini
½ onion, diced
100 g butternut squash
1 pinch of cumin
1 pinch of turmeric
½ tsp curry powder
1 tsp vegetable broth powder
100 ml tomato sauce
100 ml almond cuisine (vegan cream, use coconut milk instead)
1-2 tbsp tamari sauce
- Cut vegetables
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan and add the Schupfnudels. Fry for a few minutes till they get slightly brownish. Then set them aside.
- Heat some coconuit oil again and add vegetables and onions. Fry for a few minutes. Add spices.
- Then add tomato sauce and almond cuisine and some water if needed. Let simmer till your squash gets soft and the sauce thickens up.
- Add the Schupfnudeln to your pan. Season with tamari sauce and lime juice.
- Serve in a bowl and top with crushed pistachios, pomegranate seeds and black pepper.
- ..and the most important part : Enjoy!
Please use the hastag #julisnomnoms and tag me @clean_body_in the picture if you try one of my recipes. I would love to see your recreations! ❤
Lots of love,