Let’s talk about …CHOCOLATE CRAVINGS!
[contains ad /werbung] Familiar with that? I bet you are! So today after a very short night I woke up and I knew I needed to have chocolate, loooooots of chocolate. And don’t get me wrong I think it is totally fine to enjoy some (healthy vegan!) chocolate if you feel like it but I would have needed half a kilo of chocolate today. Not so cool. I mean I am not counting calories but let’s be honest that stuff is expensive 🙂
Moreover we know how important it is to EAT YOUR VEGGIES guys. That’s why this chocolate fudge bowl contains zucchini and carrots.
Yep, you read right! There is a green zucchini in there and you won’t taste it at all! Together with the psyllium husks you will get this super thick pudding like consistency.
This smoothie pudding fills you up for hours and is great when it comes to gut health.
But what actually is it that makes psyllium so healthy for us?
- Psyllium is a prebiotic which is needed for settling and keeping healthy colonies of probiotics in your digestive system. Good bacteria in your gut is important for a healthy immune system
- If you have to watch your weight psyllium husks can help as they keep your blood sugar levels stable. As a result you’re not getting hungry again that fast after having a meal. Moreover psyllium husks absorb big amounts of liquid what makes them swell up. Ergo your tummy gets full without any additional calories. The result again —> less hunger
- Fiber like psyllium helps to reduce high cholesterol levels and due to this it finally prevents heart disease
200g frozen bananas
250g frozen zucchini (courgette)
20g raw cocoa powder
15g Raw Chocolate Protein* powder
10g Chocolate Carob Protein Drink* powder
1,5 tbsp psyllium husks
1 heaped tbsp almond flour
1 tsp maca powder
10g crushed flaxseed*
1 pinch of sea salt (don’t ask, just do it!)
salted coconut chips
- For this smoothie pudding you will have to do just some tiny little preparation the day before which is cutting your zucchini and bananas into bite-size pieces and freeze them overnight.
- Now cut your carrot and put it together with the frozen zucchini and bananas and all the other ingredients into your (strong) blender and blend till you have a smooth and thick chocolate fudge batter, fully raw, chocolate rich, high in protein and fibre and sooooo damn delicious!
- Put your “dough” in a bowl. If you like put it into your fridge for 30 minutes to let the psyllium husks do their magic 🙂 and then add your favorite toppings but I seriously recommend to have some salted coconut chips with this. Sweet and chocolaty & salty stuff is just such a winning combo.
Of course you can use whatever chocolate protein powder you like or just substitude with more cocoa powder and add some extra sweetener like coconut blossom sugar.
Please let me know if you try this recipe. I would love to hear how people like it. And I am sure they, you and everyone would like it 😀
Veggies and chocolate is no contradiction peeps 😉
Hope you’re having the most amazing day! ❤
Please tag me #julisnomnoms if you try one of my recipes. I would love to see your recreations and will totally share them on my Instagram page @clean_body_
* affiliate links