[contains ad / werbung] Well I love sweet potato pretty much. This is why I eat sweet potato pretty often, what means I eat it two times a day or as I am eating two meals a day one could assume I am having sweet potato in every meal I eat.
Sweet potato is pretty amazing because
- it tastes like heaven
- it tastes like dessert just plain out of the oven so…
- it’s super easy to prepare
- it’s super healthy (some people say it’s the healthiest food on earth)
- it’s gooey
- it’s beautiful
- and it’s super versatile…and this is the point where I want to inspire you guys with this “unique” combinatorial creation recipe kinda thing
The point is I also love oatmeal pretty much. Do you know those days when you just can’t decide between oatmeal and….yep, right sweet potato in my case?!
So why not having oatmeal stuffed sweet potato and writing a blog post in which I am sharing my two favorite recipes with you guys?
Basically this is my current chia overnight oats recipe and the instruction on how I prepare my gooey sweet potatoes on which I got soooo many requests recently.
Let’s start with the sweet potato as it’ll need a bit longer.
By the way I always start my day preparing 4-5 sweet potatoes so I am ready for unexpected situations and sudden cravings 🙂
All you need is sweet potato(es) and an oven
Gooey Sweet Potato Recipe
1 sweet potato (300g)
- Put your sweet potato just as it is on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and bake it at 180 degrees for 45 -60 minutes (depending on the size of your gorgeous potato)
- …and well that’s it. Pretty much all you have to do is to wait till the thing gets gooey and beautifully caramelized.
Basic Overnight Chia Oats Recipe
(I use half of the recipe to stuff my sweet potato with)
100 g glutenfree oats
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tsp cinnamon
oatmilk (I use 100-120 ml )
1 tbsp coconut blossom syrup (or blackstrap molasses or 1/2 mashed banana tastes AMAZING)
2 tsp tigernut butter ( Erdmandel creme *)
fresh fruit of choice (bananas, pomegranate seeds, grapes, figs)
nut butter of choice (tigernut butter)
blackstrap molasses (Rapunzel Zuckerrohr-Melasse *)
hempseed, vegan cookies ( add nuts, chocolate, a protein bar or whatever you like)
- Mix oats, cinnamon and chia seeds.
- Add milk, nut butter and sweetener of choice.
- Top with your favorites and keep cool in the fridge for a few hours or overnight (at least for one hour though)
It really tastes better the longer you let it rest to soak up. Especially when you add cookies or protein bar pieces on top 😉
Now how to combine these two super simple but intrinsically oh-so-delicious meals might be quite obvious. Cut open your baked sweet potato. If the thing is still warm this will be a taste explosion!!! Stir your oatmeal goodness once again and put it into your sweet potato. It immediately smells like Christmas when the cinnamon gets warmed up ❤
Add some cocoa nibs if you like to have something crunchy on top and E N J O Y !
Please tag me with #julisnomnoms and @clean_body_ when you remake one of my recipes. I would love to see your creations ❤