[contains ad / werbung] Porridge or like we say in Germany “Haferschleim” (“oat slime”, sounds quite attractive right, NOT!) probably is the most common and popular breakfast. I don’t think you can get tired of oats though I like to try new things or vary in what I eat.
Quinoa is this super nutrient rich pseudo cereal what means it is gluten free too. It is a rich source of easy digestible plant protein and I love its grainy texture and unique quinoa taste 🙂
Most people only know quinoa from savory dishes. I have to admit that meanwhile I like the sweet version even more. Quinoa porridge is an absolute favorite of mine when it comes to cooked breakfasts. So if you never tried sweet quinoa definitively check out this recipe!
Oh and by the way your kitchen will smell like heaven if you use the recommended spices ❤
Makes: 1 portion
80 ml water
1/2 ripe banana, mashed
1 tsp cinnamon
cocoa spice mixture (basically cocoa, tonka bean, vanilla)
100-150 ml almond milk (amount may differ)
1-2 tsp coconut sugar
1 banana halved
- Wash and rinse your quinoa to wash away its bitter coating. Cook it with some water at low heat for 15-20 minutes. It should be more soft to get a creamier porridge like consistency in this case. While cooking add like 80 ml of almond milk so that you have water and milk in an 1:1 ratio.
- Finely grate your carrot. Add carrot, banana and spices to your quinoa.
- Sweeten with whatever sweetener you prefer and according to your enjoyable level of sweetness (now that was much sweet in one sentence. Hope you like it sweet)
- Pour your ready-to-eat porridge in a bowl and top with whatever fruit or nuts or nut butter you like.
- I like to pour some extra milk – extra cold from the fridge – over my quinoa. I think this final step is what makes it a real unreal porridge 🙂
I hope you enjoy making and eating this quinoa porridge goodness !
Please tag me in your remakes with #julisnomnoms and @clean_body_ if you share it on social media. I would love to see your creations ❤
Hope you’re having the most wonderful day today…and if you don’t just double the portion size above 😉