[contains ad / werbung] If I had to choose I would always prefer waffles before pancakes. I guess it’s the roasting flavor and their crunchy outside that makes them to one of my all time favorite snacks and breakfast ideas.
Buckwheat flour is a perfect alternative to spelt flour. It’s glutenfree and I just love its nutty taste. There are quite a lot people tho who don’t like buckwheat. You can replace it by any flour you like of course e.g. wholegrain spelt flour.
I recommend grinding the flour by yourself. In Germany we have grain mills in some organic stores (Alnatura). You’ll get the freshest flour, full of nutrients and rich in flavor. You will definitively recognize the difference 🙂
Oh and if you guys wonder about the beautiful waffle shape. I bought this waffle iron. It works perfect without doudh sticking to it.
100g buckwheat flour
½ mashed ripe banana
optional: 1 tsp Vegan Chocolate Protein (Schoko Protein von Nu3)*
1 tsp Cocoa ( I used Schoko Hafertraum Gewürz by Spice Bar)
1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax seed+ 3 tbsp water)
1 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
170 ml hazelnut milk
Fresh fruit, nutbutter, chocolate and whatever you prefer.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add banana, flax egg and milk. Stir till well combined and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile use some coconut oil for your waffle iron. If you have a good one you really don’t need much but I recommend to use some oil, just a little bit 🙂
- The time till your waffles are ready really depends on your iron. I waited for 5-7 incredibly long minutes (and enjoyed one or two raw bars in the meantime)
- Feel free and get creative when it comes to decoration and toppings. I had three different versions…
- Salted Chocolate: coconut blossom syrup, tahini, raw chocolate, turmeric and gomasio (Try it! You probably know it from Sushi. It’s salted sesame)
- Banana Blueberry: bananas, blueberries and banana cereal stars (Frühstücks- Sternchen – Banane & Vanille von Boutique Vegan)
- Berrylicious: blackberries, raspberry powder and puffed quinoa
Please tag me with #julisnomnoms and @clean_body_ when you share a remake of my recipes on your social media page. I would love to see your creations ❤
Get 5 % off at boutique vegan with the discount “clean_body_5”
* affiliate link